Minecraft Crossplay is a service built on GeyserMC hosted by 365HOSTS allowing players to join the same server and play on the same world across PC, Mac, Mobile and Console bridging the gap between Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition. The service works on:
- Computer: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Mobile/Tablet: iOS, Android
- Console: Playstation, Xbox , Nintendo Switch
365HOSTS have configured GeyserMC to translate packets from Bedrock Edition clients to work seamlessly with Java Edition Servers - without you having to configure anything. It just works!
And the best of all is: you can use any Spigot/Paper/Bukkit plugin for your server, installable just like on a "normal" Minecraft: Java Edition server.
How to set your Crossplay server up
- Get the service on https://www.365hosts.com/gaming/crossplayminecraft.
- Wait for your service to be provisioned (1-5 minutesand head on to the 365Hosts game server panel and start the server.
- Join your server on the different plattforms and get the word out!
How do I join my Minecraft: Crossplay server on different platforms?
Joining your new Minecraft: Crossplay server is slighly different on each platform. None of these methods, however, require you to download any external programs, only some minor modifications to certain settings.
PC (Windows, Mac, Linux)
In your Minecraft client (can be either Bedrock or Java), simply add the server to your server list, and join. Very simple! :)
- Go to your PS4 Home screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Network.
- Select Set Up Internet connection.
- If you are using wired internet, select "Use LAN Cable", otherwise choose "Use Wi-Fi".
- Select the Custom network creation mode.
- Select Automatic IP Address.
- For DHCP Host Name, make sure you select Do Not Specify.
- Under DNS Settings, select Manual.
- Enter the BedrockConnect IP for the preferred Primary DNS (Multiple options depending on region can be found on the BedrockConnect Github Page) and something like Google or Cloudfare's IP for the Secondary DNS (18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124).
iOS (iPhone, iPad)
Use the app BedrockTogether, from the App Store and connect easily with the Server Adress through it.
Use the app MC Server Connector from Google Play and connect easily with the Server Adress through it.
You can also use the official Geyser Android app, which is not yet available on Google Play and will have to be side-loaded.